Monday, July 25, 2005

Diggin in my crates (part II)

Alone in silence I sit
The darkness...oppressive
I feel the weight of nothingness on my soul

And then I hear it

Bump-bump, Bump-bump

And then I feel it

Bump-bump, Bump-bump

And I realize the rhythm comes from inside me
The sound of my soul chases away the darkness
My spirit, my essence
I am unique and melodious

I am sound and light and color
It courses through me
It is Jah.
It is Allah.
It is Jehovah.

Music

The beat of my soul, the thrum of my flesh.

Music lives in me.

2 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger The Foxybrown Show said...

Well the streets were definitlely waiting for this...Glad you are back brotha!

*wondering why I'm pop-lockin at my desk*

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

Is it ever! LOVE this. Music is so essential to keeping my life on track and in rhythm. Everything about my life is captured in music. Thank you for expressing it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home