Monday, May 23, 2005

You deserve better. Start demanding it.

I saw this statement online today.

I like it.


You deserve better. Start demanding it.


It's so simple, yet sometimes difficult to do. Why can we be the biggest supporters of friends and relatives, why can we pick up for causes like Terry Schiavo and vote for American Idols but we find it difficult to rally for ourselves.

How can some people devote more time to an email than they do their own resume?

Are we selfish if we put our needs above others? Is there something wrong with being selfish? I really don't know. I'm sure there's some sort of balance we're supposed to maintain. I just know sometimes we settle for shit. Sometimes we let things slide when we know we shouldn't.

You deserve better. Start demanding it.

3 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe there is nothing wrong with being selfish, personally I am a selfish person but sometimes it hurts others, others I don't mean to hurt! that balance you talked about is really needed. sometimes I just get stupid and all softy and I forget who I am!
Thanks , I think you have just helped me make a big dicision I wasn't so sure about!

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Preach Said.....

I agree... Being selfish dosent mean being neglectful. It simply means taking care of yourself so that you can care for others. It means making sure that you are the best person you can be and once you are healthy you can establish healthy relationships. I learned that recently. Thanks to some special friends... Foxworth, The Starr and of course u Red.

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home