Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Tug-O-Redd

Stop me if you've heard this one before:

  • Grandma wants me to spend thanksgiving with her (uses guilt as her weapon of choice).
  • Grandpa wants me to spend thanksgiving with him (the old "we haven't seen you in awhile...").
  • Mom would love to see me (but has to chose either Thanksgiving or Christmas - not both).
  • I want to hang out with friends during the holidays (and I would welcome the break).

Trying to balance time over the holidays can be a real bitch. Trying to see everyone just isn't going to happen so it really feels like a Tug-O-War...I'm being pulled in multiple directions.

I had to make some decisions and not everyone will be happy about them. I'm gonna spend Thxgiving with Grandpa, then hang out with friends for the weekend. I'll see mom for Christmas and grandma should be there by then. Yeah, Grandma's not too pleased because she wanted us to spend thanksgiving together. I understand that, but I also feel she should see things from my point of view..

As you start to deal with your holiday dilemmas and tough decisions, just know we all go through it. Family gives us all a hard time. It's because they love to torture us.

2 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Drea Inspired said...

Oh yes, have been there. I'm just glad that most of my family lives in the same area. So I just do several drive-bys during the holidays.

My grandmother guilt trips me into doing many things. I love her dearly and I don't mind doing things for her as she is 88 years old. But now, granny ain't senile and she has 4 grown a** people living in her house, eating her food, not paying any bills or rent. It seems to me that I shouldn't have to go all the way across town, when I'm home, to take her a gallon of milk. And I'm convinced that she thinks I will graduate from college and move back home just to clean her house and do her hair.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger MsPerdie said...

Family is a bitch.... and then you die...LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home