Friday, April 22, 2005

911...No joke

What did I tell you months ago? It will get worse before it gets better.

It was a beautiful morning. I had a nice uneventful drive. Traffic wasn't too bad since I had to be at work early. New Edition was telling me to Cool it Now. I should have known the day was going too well. I get to work and everything seems fine. The room is a little cold....but whatever, I just keep my jacket on. I'm still cold so I grab a cup of coffee and continue doing my thing.

Now I'm shivering...violently.

My coworkers are a little concerned and they say I'm not looking too well. I sit down. They tell me they think I should go home. Great...except I'm shaking so much I don't feel safe to drive. So, Manager Sista Gurl (MSG) walks me to a nice secluded corner and decides they are calling an ambulance.

The EMTs arrive and decide to take me to the hospital. The strap me into the gurney and as they are wheeling me out the front door who is coming in? Chatterbox receptionist! Now, not only do I have to worry about what's going on with me, but I'm going to be on FULL BLAST when I return to work. I'm sure the story will have changed to "He was having convulsions and foaming at the mouth!" or "They had to shock him twice before they put him in the ambulance!" Me being the usually private person I am is not looking forward to all that damage control.

No need to go into the details of my 1st ER visit as it was fairly mundane.

Vomit: Check.
Gown: Check.
Inexperienced nurse jabbing at my arm multiple times: Check Check.

2 bags of IV fluid and I am on my way home. MSG got my car keys to my boy Fox. They said I have a 'flu-like virus' so they recommended lots of rest and fluids. Fox transforms into Nurse Foxy and holds me down all weekend.

When situations like this pop up you really find out who you can depend on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home